PATIENTS ASK, “WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF DENTAL IMPLANTS?”
When a patient loses a tooth, or several teeth, they begin to do research on their replacement teeth options. They may schedule a consultation with their dentist, search the Internet, or ask friends and family about their personal experiences. They’ll soon find that there are several viable options for bringing back their smile. Implants, dentures, crown and bridge appliances all have their own advantages. However, more and more frequently patients are turning to dental implants for the following benefits:
- Longevity – Once the implant, or replacement tooth root, is inserted, it is a stable and secure as the original tooth. With good dental habits and regular dental appointments, the implant should last many years.
- Set it and forget it – Some patients want to be able to take their replacement tooth out at night or for cleaning, while others don’t want to think about after it’s placed. With implants, patients can have the implant placed, making it a permanent fixture.
- Great aesthetics – With dental implants, you will also receive a custom-made replacement tooth that looks exactly like your original tooth. It will be created exactly to your dentist’s specifications in shade and shape, blending in perfectly with the rest of your smile.
- Functionability – With a dental implant, patients can continue to eat their favorite foods without worrying that the appliance will slip at an inconvenient time. The implant and replacement provides the same function as the natural tooth, allowing patients to eat, smile, speak, and laugh with confidence.
- No extra steps – Taking care of dental implants requires the exact same oral health habits that patients have been practicing all their lives. Brushing, flossing, and twice yearly checkups with the dentist are all it takes to keep your implant in good health.
Dental implants can be used for one missing tooth or several missing teeth. They can also be used in conjunction with dentures for a full set of teeth. If you have a tooth, or teeth, that are missing and you want to learn more about the advantages of dental implants, call Dr. Jordon Soll of Central Dental Group in Toronto, M4S 2A9.